Movie News. Trailers. Script Reviews. DVD Reviews. Trash Video. Comics. Pop Culture. Gaming. Complete Randomness.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ricky Gervais' Cemetery Junction Teaser Trailer

Ricky Gervais is a fucking comic genius.

I know some of you don't get his humor, and to a degree, I can understand, it is an acquired taste. But ever since I caught the UK version of the Office back home in Australia, I've been a huge fan of his work. I grabbed a couple of his stand-up gigs on DVD last month, which I'm yet to find the time to watch. His comedy really appeals to me - I just love how he's always so...awkward. Also, gotta give props to Stephen Merchant, he's a fantastic comedy writer. The guy co-wrote the UK Office, and I believe had a large role in fine-tuning the US version. He was also hilarious in "Extras."



Cemetery Junction, set in 1970s England, follows three blue-collar friends who spend their days joking, drinking and chasing girls. Freddie (Christian Cooke) wants to leave their working-class world but cool, charismatic Bruce (Tom Hughes) and lovable loser Snork (Jack Doolan) are happy with life the way it is.

Cemetery Junction is co-written and co-directed by British comedians Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, the two geniuses behind the original "Office" and "Extras" on HBO. This is their first feature film together. Cemetery Junction started shooting in June and is due for release from Sony Pictures sometime in 2010.

3 comments: